Matt and I just got back from a trip to Boston (actually we got back Monday night but I've had to work every day and didn't have a chance to even look at the computer until this morning). We had such a great time! We mostly went to see Tim and Amy and the kids, but we also got to see a lot of the city. I really enjoyed all the early American history sites that are in Boston. We saw the Old North Church near Paul Revere's house, the Bunker Hill monument, the U.S.S. Constitution (a battle ship they used in the war of 1812)and museum, the Old State House (which is where the Boston Massacre happened), and lots of other cool stuff. My favorite part of the city is Charlestown, right near Bunker Hill. There are townhouses there that were built in the early 1800's but have been maintained extremely well, and they're gorgeous. I also loved the building where Tim and Amy have church. It was once a factory, and now it's a three story LDS church meeting house with big wooden beams everywhere and cool brick walls.
It was so good to see Tim and Amy. They left Provo about two years ago and we have missed them a lot. They're always fun to hang out with; play games, play guitar, or just tell funny stories. Good times as Zach would say. Clara and Forrest are quite adorable. Clara is really smart and says funny things all the time (especially calling her dad "Timmy"). And Forrest is the most pleasant, laid back little baby I've ever met. Anyway, we had a good time and I would recommend Boston to anyone who's interested in our country's history, or who really likes the show Cheers (they have the real bar where it was filmed and several replicas).
3 comments:
Looks like that was a fun little trip for you. I'm glad you got to do it.
It was fun to have you here.Thanks for changing dirty daipers every morning. I applied for a job in Utah. (this is Tim not Amy)
Hi Amber. You have a beautiful family. I'm not sure if you remember me but we went to chuch together in SA. I found your blog through Elena. Hope you are well.
Meredith Lander (Cobb)
Post a Comment