Sunday, July 13, 2008

Essie's Birthday





My little Essie turned 7 on Friday. She's been counting down the days to her birthday for the last month, so she was very excited. We went to see Kung Fu Panda and then had a little family party. I let the kids have a friend party every other year and, lucky for me, this time was family only. This past year Essie went to first grade and was totally loved by her teacher. She's a smart, friendly, and funny little girl. She also started karate and has moved up five belts. She has lots of fun and enjoys kicking butt like Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Now she is also in coach's pitch baseball and doesn't care at all that she's the only girl. She's a great big sister and we all adore her.

8 comments:

Elena said...

Happy Birthday, Little Essie! She's as cute as they come. Looks like she got some great gifts. I can't believe that she's 7. That went fast.

Angie said...

HEY! She's growing up (and sorry if she doesn't like this idea, but it's into the cutest little tomboy). I'm sorry I missed it.


BTW, I need some ideas for her, YOU, and Summer. Really.

Charlene said...

It appears it was a good birthday for Essie. Wish I could have been there.

Zach O. said...

feliz cumpleaƱos a nuestra querida essita

Amy said...

I can't believe that she's already 7! She's looking so grown up. Happy Birthday, Essie! I'm really glad you've started blogging so we'll have some idea of what's going on with you guys. It will be so fun if you and Matt come to visit! But tell Matt that he's not allowed to just sit around playing Beatles with Tim the whole time. :)

Tim said...

Hey, I think Essie owe's me 5 bucks.

Angie said...

To my querido hermanito: am I wrong or is there no apostrophe in "owes"? 8]

And to my querida hermanita: your regular phone or your cell phone? I'm sorry ...

meredith said...

Happy Birthday! Go Broncos Go!!!