Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Swimming

I just got back from taking Essie, Summer, Sinjin, and Essie's friend Nicky to the pool. That's something I've enjoyed since I was a little kid living in Maryland. I loved having a pool right across the street and I've had somewhere to swim almost everywhere I've lived since then. Pretty rare for Utah, but we've got the best pool ever in my neighborhood (because it's naturally heated). I'm a hands-on pool mom. You rarely see me sitting on the side watching the kids. I like to be in the water - swimming, diving, splashing. I'll probably be doing that until I'm 90. I also love the ocean, and someday I'm going to get my Mom to go on a cruise with me. She's not a big fan of water. I'm not sure if I ever remember seeing her swim. That's okay, Mom, I have so many other good memories of you. :)

6 comments:

Charlene said...

Going on a cruise with you would be fun! Maybe you could teach me how to swim--I'm not sure I know how :) I remember the days when you would take Charlie and Aubrie down to our pool. You've always been a good one to entertain kids at the pool.

Tim said...

Hi. I haven't been swimming in a pool for a very long time. I'm too busy swimming in cash.

Elena said...

I'll go cruising with you! And I love the pool, too. But only when it isn't too crowded. I like to actually swim and move around. It gets old being in a pool with a thousand other people and not being able to move around. You do have a beautiful pool in your neighborhood. Check out Kara's blog. You can link to it from mine.

Cyclingred said...

Welcome to the blog world. Your post about your love of swimming takes be back to grandma. You may not remember how obsessed whe was with skin cancer and protection yourself from the sun.

I can remember when you were little and her talking about much you like to swim and be outside. She was very concerned about all the sun you got and how tanned you were.

You probably didn't know that.

And please follow another item from Tim's blog and set yours up for the Name/Url option for those of us who are not blogging on blogspot. :)

Barlow Fam said...

Yeah! Welcome to the blog world, just saw you on Angie's blog. Love all the pictures, it will be fun to stalk you. : )

Zach O. said...

dude i still haven't been swimming since coming home from the mish...crazy