
I just finished reading Jane Eyre last night (this picture reminds me of the scenery in the book). I've never read it before. I'm not sure how that happened because I love that sort of book. Actually, I don't think I would have liked it much when I was younger because the characters weren't beautiful. That used to bother me, but now I don't care so much. I really need to go to England, I've always loved all things British. I told Matt that if he dies I'm going to marry a British guy so I can just listen to him talk with his beautiful accent. That, or a cowboy, because Matt hates country music and swing dancing and I love them both :) Next I am going to read another Bronte sisters' book, Wuthering Heights. I remember seeing that movie years ago, and it was sad. That's another thing I used to hate but now can appreciate-sad endings.
5 comments:
I hope I get to see something cool and literary related.
Which movie versions have you seen?
I read Jane Eyre when I was younger but enjoyed it much more when I read it again a couple years ago. Maybe I should try Wuthering Heights again too.
Hi! It was good to hear from you. I go by Jenny, Jen, Jennifer. Pretty much whatever people want to call me. Most of my family(my brothers) calls me Jenny. We do need to have a reunion. I haven't seen people forever.
If you ever visit the Bronte Parsonage at Haworth you'll appreciate why they wrote such dark books. A graveyard to the front of the house and wild windy moors to the back. A truly atmospheric setting but not one in which an author could come up with witty social comedies! You expect Jane Eyre or Heathcliffe to walk around the corner at any minute
Hope you make it to our beautiful country very soon.
Laura Essendine
Author – The Accidental Guru
The Books Limited Blog
Check out what I am currently reading on my blog. It is very interesting reading but I don't recommend it to read during lunch. :)
Cyclingred
Post a Comment