I'm writing this post to remind myself not to go to the neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt next year. It turns out the same every time, with my kids disappointed and me a little crazy from all the chaos. But I seem to forget that when the kids ask me if they can go. I always think...maybe it won't be so crowded this time, or maybe there won't be bullies knocking other kids down in their pursuit of little plastic eggs. But no, it never changes, and if I write this down maybe I'll spare myself the pain next time. I don't mean to sound negative, the rest of my day was beautiful:)
3 comments:
Been there and have the same attitude about the neighborhood hunts. Crazy crowds, chaos and for what? Plastic eggs filled with the cheap candy. I'll buy the good stuff for us and spare the chaos. I miss you. We should hang out.
I agree- the last time we went each of my kids got 2- yes,2- eggs in their baskets. What a waste of time.
We just always did our on Easter Egg hunt for the children in our own yard.
We have no small children at home now but Nancy has decided that she still wants to color a bunch of Easter eggs.
Post a Comment