Saturday, August 2, 2008

My Garden






I've been working on my garden today. It's pretty small (just room for 12 tomato plants, two squash plants, and a couple rows of sunflowers), but it still takes quite a bit of time. You can tell from the pictures that it's not much, but it will look cooler in a month or so when the flowers have bloomed and the tomatoes are ripe. I'd love to have a huge garden and grow all kinds of yummy things, but Matt doesn't think I could keep up with anything bigger. He's probably right because I also have lots of flowers in other parts of the yard to take care of. Oh, and then him and three kids. Yesterday was the hottest day of 2008 in Utah. It reached 104 F at the airport while I was at work -kinda glad I was inside. So far the heat hasn't hurt my yard except for the grass. It looks okay, but I want it to be perfectly green and lush. Darn the Utah desert. I don't like this picture of me much, but Essie loves to use my camera and she'd feel bad if I left her picture off of my blog.

6 comments:

Angie said...

I think you look really good in that pic.

I wish I liked gardening. The idea of it is appealing. But the actual DOING it is not so much.

Angie said...

PS The girls also look way cute.


And I like the arbor.

meredith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz said...

This is your long lost cousin Liz. And I like the picture of you too. Good luck with the garden, I've been thinking about what I'd like to grow in a garden, tomatoes will definitely be there, but I need a yard and a house first!
Oh yeah, and your kids are so cute, I can't beleive Essie is seven!

meredith said...

hey Amber.. Yes, I was friends with Cindy Timmons (still am)! You were actually the first person I met at the church!! I live in Glenwood Springs, Co. About 2 hours from Denver. I love it up here! Let me know if you ever head to Colorado. Would love to see you again! You look amazing, and your kids are super cute. I'm excited to keep up with your blog!! It's pretty amazing how the computer can help you find old friends!

Amy said...

I like how if you start from the bottom it looks like Summer suddenly vanishes from the gate.

This is Tim, not Amy.