Tuesday, August 19, 2008
I ran 2 miles!
Last night I ran two miles, and I didn't stop to walk once. I'm totally happy with myself because I've always hated running. I exercise a lot- walking, aerobics, yoga, strength training - but I could never get into running. But now I have motivation because Angie and I are going to do a half marathon in November. About a week ago Matt and I went running and he wouldn't let me stop to walk until I had gone at least a mile. I've gone every day since then and I can go a little further each time. The problem is all cardiovascular for me. My muscles don't get tired at all, but my lungs and heart start to struggle. Anyway, I'm excited to have awesome runners' legs someday:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow! Way to go!!!!!!!!! I'm impressed.
that is cool! i've always wanted to do trail running, but have never felt strong enough to do more than walk/run intervals.
That's great, Amber. I've been jogging a bit more, too. You already have awesome legs.
yea i enjoy running myself...and it seems to have given me some great runner's legs
Congrats! I used to run a lot for about 15 years, then I finally got burnt out a couple years ago and having been trying different things since. But I still miss competing in races like the one your and Angie are doing. Running is easy to do, you don't need a gym or fancy equipment, you can do it almost anywhere. Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment