Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Ogden Marathon




A little over a week ago Matt ran in his first marathon. He did great, and then was barely sore afterward, so I'd say it was a success. Too bad we stood around at the finish line waiting to see him, but were in the bathroom when he actually crossed. That's what happens when you have a four year old boy. Now he's planning to run in the Utah Valley marathon with Wayne in just a couple of weeks. This is all pretty cool considering that since we've been married I've always tried to get Matt to exercise regularly and he was never at all interested. He's always been athletic, but he thought exercising just to stay in shape was too boring. Anyway, I'm very proud of him and happy that he lost his gut:)

2 comments:

Elena said...

And at 40! Good job Matt. I'll see you at the marathon - but at the half starting point.:)

Chrissy said...

Aw, I'm sad you missed him crossing after all that waiting!

Great job, Matt!