I have finally seen New York City. It's not actually one of the top places on my list to see, but I did feel like I ought to visit one of our countries most famous cities. I went with some friends from work and it was really fun. We flew overnight on Monday and then spent the whole day exploring the sights. We took a tour bus that drove all over and stopped at all the famous places. I would never want to live there, but I did enjoy all the cool buildings and I especially liked the harbor. I got a first class seat both ways for the first time. That was pretty nice, but I still couldn't sleep much. We left extremely early Wednesday morning so there were a lot of things I didn't get to do. Maybe I'll go back some day.
Friday, August 14, 2009
New York City
I have finally seen New York City. It's not actually one of the top places on my list to see, but I did feel like I ought to visit one of our countries most famous cities. I went with some friends from work and it was really fun. We flew overnight on Monday and then spent the whole day exploring the sights. We took a tour bus that drove all over and stopped at all the famous places. I would never want to live there, but I did enjoy all the cool buildings and I especially liked the harbor. I got a first class seat both ways for the first time. That was pretty nice, but I still couldn't sleep much. We left extremely early Wednesday morning so there were a lot of things I didn't get to do. Maybe I'll go back some day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Awesome. The same lady I traveled with this summer is trying to get a group to go over spring break. Not sure I want to go that route again. But maybe.
I'm so glad you had fun!
What fun! I'm glad you got to go.
i've always kinda wanted to go there...but i'm not huge on big cities so maybe not...i'll just watch friends instead.
When I got to see NY for the first time, I actually really liked all the hustle and bustle. You feel kinda cool, and like you are a part of something super important when you're there. At least I did. But I agree, I couldn't handle living there.
But I am mostly jealous of your ability to fly anywhere you want on a whim, completely free of charge (at least I am assuming that was the case :). Oh the places I would go! Probably first would be back to Switzerland.
Post a Comment