Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring Arrived...And Then Left



I loved last week. It was beautiful and we got to be outside. I did lots of yard cleanup and some of my daffodils decided to bloom. Now they've gotten snowed on and blown by the wind, but they still perk up when the sun starts to shine. I was at work Sunday night and got completely soaked by the rain and snow while helping passengers with their carry-ons. People have started carrying on a lot more since Delta decided to charge for every piece of checked luggage. I'm a little bit mad at Delta right now. They told all their employees that when they merged with Northwest no one would lose their jobs. But what they didn't say was that in order to do that they would have to take away jobs from their connection carriers, like Skywest. Starting May 15th Skywest will have to lay off about 300 employees in Salt Lake City and also force about 50 more to go from full time to part time. I'm one of the people who will have to go to part time. I actually don't mind because I want to be home more anyway, but I feel bad for the people I work with that depend on this job for their entire income. At least Matt still has his job. About 300 of the 400 civilian recruiters for his company are being layed off at the end of April. But Matt is such an amazing recruiter that they are letting him stay:)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Our Spring came earlier than last year, but seems to have stuck around, though not with the 78 degree temps we had last week.

What does Matt do?

Amber Faull said...

Matt is a recruiter for the Army and Army Reserves.

Unknown said...

I noticed the other day when I was flying that a lot more people are taking carry ons, it makes it a pain for passengers because the overhead area fills up super fast! That is too bad about Delta and their "carriers" employees.