Tuesday, November 18, 2008

San Antonio 1/2 Marathon




This past weekend Angie and I ran in our first 1/2 Marathon. It was the Inaugural Rock 'n Roll San Antonio Marathon and 1/2 Marathon. At the beginning we were running quite a bit, just stopping for a few minutes here and there to walk. I was feeling really good and benefitting from the lower altitude in San Antonio. Then around mile 8 or 9 my legs started to feel some fatigue and then gradually some serious pain. By the end I really wanted to just walk, but Ang made me run so that we could finish under 3 hours. And we did it! Our official time was 2 hours and 50 minutes. It was a great experience, and I'm really glad I did it with my sister. I'm proud of her for getting into great shape and reaching her goal. If there's a next time I need to do a few more long runs while training. This time I had never gone more than 8 miles, although I have hiked further than that before. These pictures are us before and after the race. I accidentally put them in the wrong order though. We had to leave the house at 5:30 in the morning, which is 4:30 to my body. Ouch! I took a good nap that afternoon.

5 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

Good for you! I'm amazed. : )

Zach O. said...

i must say...well done. how's the ankle?

Elena said...

congrats!!! i'm proud of you.

Cyclingred said...

Congratulations!

Liz said...

Congratulations, what a great accomplishment!