Wednesday, September 17, 2008

PT Test

Last night Matt decided to give me an army PT test. He's been helping me train for the half marathon, so this was a good way to see how far I've come in the last month. I had to do 15 pushups in two minutes to pass, 42 full situps in two minutes, and run two miles in less than 21:42. I'm happy to say that I did great... well actually kind of average, but at least I passed. I did 19 pushups, 49 situps and ran two miles in 21:03. I was a little disappointed in my run because I did one mile in just over nine minutes a few days ago, but I guess it makes sense that I would do two miles slower.
So today I had Chemlawn come to aerate and overseed my lawn (they told me you should put down seed every few years which I didn't know). I watched them aerate because it looked kind of cool, and then all of a sudden they were gone. I honestly don't think they put down any seed, or if they did it was extremely fast and I couldn't see any evidence of it on the grass or on my sidewalks. So I called the company and told them that I wanted them to come back. They did about half an hour later and told me that they did put down seed but that they would do it again so that I would be happy with their work. Now I'm feeling like a bit of a jerk. I don't want to be obnoxious or get the workers into any trouble. Would you guys have done the same thing or just trusted that they did a good job?

2 comments:

Liz said...

I've seen the guys that come and mow our lawn and they are amazingly fast, five minutes and they're gone, so they easily could have put down seed on your lawn. But, you're paying for the work so you might as well make sure you're getting what you asked.

Zach O. said...

you like how my fantasy team played horribly this week? they helped ya get a w...i hate it when my actual score is way lower than my optimal score...but who would have known roddy white would get 120 yds receiving and terrell owens would get 17? i'm curious what the standards are for dudes on the pt test. i don't time myself but i did just for fun today and did 2 miles in 15:45. this is a long comment.