Last Thursday I got a call from Essie's school and there was Essie's cute little voice telling me that I needed to come get her. This, of course, made me worried that she was hurt or sick so I asked her what was wrong. She started telling me about her lunch of french toast and how the syrup was really hard to open. Essie has a way of telling stories that includes every tiny detail and takes a while to get to the point. So I finally interrupted and asked her again why I need to come and get her. Then she told me that the syrup exploded and got all over her. She was in the office waiting for me and when I got there I saw that she was indeed covered in syrup. It was in her hair and all the way down to her shoes. I smiled and thought that I'll be a lucky parent if this is the worst reason to have to come pick up my child from school. So we went home. She took a shower and changed clothes, then I took her back to school and everything was fine.
Now totally changing the subject, I just started reading "Out of Africa". It's such a cool book, I love it. Some books are great because of the story, where you just can't wait to find out what's going to happen. But that's not really the case with this book, it's cool because it's a little glimpse into someone's life and the words and descriptions are so beautiful. It makes me want to go on a safari.
3 comments:
Did you take a picture? Sounds like a picture-worthy event.
And that book sounds interesting. I've never read it. Or seen the movie.
I remember getting a call from Tim when he was just a little feller at Salter's Point in Washington. He was covered in mud and needed to change. I can't remember why he was covered in mud, now. I'll have to ask if he remembers.
essie is such a cute story-teller. i'm finally starting the host!
Post a Comment