Thursday, July 12, 2012

Essie's Birthday

Essie's birthday celebrations started Monday. We drove up to Denver to go to Elitch Gardens,an amusement park, which is one of Essie's favorite things. It was raining, but the weather forecast said it would be beautiful by 11:00, so we killed some time at Mile High Stadium and thought we'd go right after lunch. Well, we found out that if it's raining in the morning they just close for the whole day. :( So we didn't go to Elitch Gardens, but Essie was a good sport because she knows we'll go before school starts. We also had the bonus of eating lunch at the only Cafe Rio in all of Colorado. Yesterday was Essie's actual birthday so we had cake and presents and all was well. She's such a good kid and I can't believe I've been a mom for eleven years! Essie is smart and funny and can't help being beautiful (even though she doesn't care much about that kind of thing).

1 comment:

Elena said...

I thought of her yesterday. Glad that cute girl had such a great day.