Friday, March 2, 2012

An Apocalypse and a Blessing

Once again the hellmouth has been closed, and an apocalypse averted. Every year Matt, his brothers, and various friends get together for a marathon session of Buffy, the board game. Now, I love me some Buffy, but I really hate that game so I've never been a part of this. Usually I help Matt get some snacks, say hello to everyone, and then head up to my bedroom. But this year the apocalypse was in Utah at Jason's house, so Matt took the kids and drove to Salt Lake City. I would have gone to hang out with family but I had to work, and it's very difficult to get rid of weekend shifts at the COS airport. They had a great time and Essie even got to play.
Another reason for this trip was for the baby blessing of little Temperance Faull. She is the first niece on Matt's side of the family so he really wanted to be there for it. The kids loved playing with their little cousin. I haven't held a baby in several years and now there are three in my family, and still I haven't gotten to hold any of them. I must go on a trip soon.

No comments: