Friday, August 27, 2010

Third Day of School Equals Trouble

Well, this third day of school didn't start off too great. Actually, the trouble began last night because the house was unbearably hot. Our a/c quit working about a week ago but the weather has been cool enough that we just opened windows and the breeze made the house just fine. Well, yesterday was hot and there was almost no wind at all, so by about 7:00 at night the house didn't feel too good (about 88 degrees). Then Summer wakes up this morning with one of her eyes completely stuck shut due to allergies. I had to take her to Smith's for some eye drops so she was late to school. But at least the eye drops seemed to help. Then Sinjin and I hang out for a couple of hours. Everything's just fine until I tell him we need to go to the bus in ten minutes and he needs to get ready for school. That's when he freaks out, runs from me and starts crying that he doesn't want to go to school, school is boring. I told him too bad, he's five years old and he has to go to school. So then he tries another tactic and tells me that he'll miss me too much. I knew the first two days were too easy. It was too good to be true when Sinjin happily got on the bus without even looking back. Well, I carried him to the bus stop and he literally crawled up the stairs of the bus. I hope he's doing okay now.

4 comments:

Elena said...

Awww, that breaks my heart. Poor little guy. It stinks when they realize that their lives are forever changed.

Angie said...

One day you'll be able to laugh. Envisioning him crawling up the bus steps ...

Chrissy said...

Poor lil' guy... What a rough day for everyone! And it's true, this will be a funny story in retrospect ;-)

msf3207!! said...

Sinjin's reaction is an outward expression of how most of us feel sometimes about school, or work, or whatever other drudgery we have to perform.