Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Long Way Down

Matt and I just finished watching the coolest show called The Long Way Down. It's a documentary made by Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman where they ride their motorbikes from Scotland all the way down to Capetown. I loved it, it was so cool. Oh, to have the money of a movie star and be able to go on such grand adventures. Now I have two things to add to my life's To Do List-buy a motorcycle and go to Africa. Actually, I've always wanted to go to Egypt, but now I need to add some other African countries. I must see a giraffe in the wild before I die. Now we're going to watch their first movie called The Long Way Round where Charley and Ewan ride east from London to New York.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a neat movie, I'll have to watch it. I'd also like to go to Egypt and Morocco. Sigh, so many places to go, so little time...and money:)

Chrissy said...

We need to watch this!

Angie said...

OK. So ... please tell me how they ride east from London to New York. I'd like to know. Or ... is it a joke I missed?


I've been to Morocco. Or ... at least a touristy part of Morocco. A little strange, actually. We were keep under VERY close eye which was just as well because the town had this labyrinth of small, small walkways (couldn't call them streets as you could barely fit more than two people side by side) and with as tall as the shops/apartments on top were it would have been nigh on impossible to figure out a direction to get back out! Plus the guys at the rug shop had super big knives. Which I'm sure was also part of the show.

Couscous was really good, though.

Cyclingred said...

It's not so much money as priorities. I would prefer to do the trips by bicycle. Though I wouldn't want to bicycle in Egypt. The accounts I have read of bicycling in those areas do not sound good.

Amber Faull said...

Ang, they have to take boats sometimes, and it's the long way to get there. Uncle Kim, yeah some of the roads were bad for motorcycles, there's no way a bike could do them.