About a week ago I got a call from the office at Saratoga Shores Elementary. That's always a little bit scary, I automatically wonder what my girls have done or what has happened to them. I don't know why I worry about them doing something that would warrant the office calling - they've never gotten into any kind of trouble at school. Well, this time the call was about Essie's arm. She fell off the monkey bars and it was hurting quite a bit. I was going to just hope for the best and bring her home, but luckily Matt thought we should take her to the doctor. I'm glad we did because it turned out to be broken, and now she has a cool green cast. She's been awesome about it. I don't think I've heard her complain even once and she just goes about business as usual. She even went to karate that same night. Casts are way better now than when I broke my arm back in 1986.
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Essie's Arm
About a week ago I got a call from the office at Saratoga Shores Elementary. That's always a little bit scary, I automatically wonder what my girls have done or what has happened to them. I don't know why I worry about them doing something that would warrant the office calling - they've never gotten into any kind of trouble at school. Well, this time the call was about Essie's arm. She fell off the monkey bars and it was hurting quite a bit. I was going to just hope for the best and bring her home, but luckily Matt thought we should take her to the doctor. I'm glad we did because it turned out to be broken, and now she has a cool green cast. She's been awesome about it. I don't think I've heard her complain even once and she just goes about business as usual. She even went to karate that same night. Casts are way better now than when I broke my arm back in 1986.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
She's such a doll! For some reason, the cast just looks like it belongs there... she's so active with karate, and wearing a football jersey :) I'm excited to follow her sports and activities as she grows up!
Been waiting for a picture. Glad it's not causing her too much grief.
yea it does seem to kinda fit her...tough lil gal goin to karate on the very night she broke it.
Andrew broke his leg when he was a toddler. We didn't think it was broken and we waited quite awhile before we took him to the doctor. May have been a day.
We felt pretty bad about that.
Post a Comment