Monday, August 11, 2008
Flying Standby
I've decided I don't like flying standby very much. It sounded great when I started my job - fly for free pretty much anywhere you want to go as long as there are seats. Too bad airlines are reducing their flights and now it's pretty hard to find empty seats. I get kinda stressed whenever I or my family are trying to fly somewhere. I tell myself not to, that it's not the end of the world if we don't get on, but I can't help it. Right now my mom is stuck here in Utah because she went up to Oregon to see her brother and made it fine from there to Salt Lake, but now there are no seats to San Antonio until Wednesday evening. The scary part is that those could easily be gone by then. She's probably going to try flying into Austin tomorrow. If that works, then I'll be happy and forget all about my little negative post. I'm not quite ready to give up on my job yet, I actually kinda like it, but it's way too far to drive for $10.50/hr if I can't fly anywhere. Anyway, right now Matt and I are planning to go to Israel in October. We want to go to Jerusalem and then into Jordan. It'll be awesome as long as we get on the plane!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow. Those are some big plans. I had no idea. Are you still going to try to come down for the marathon? Though it's getting big enough there may not be any empty seats anyway.
Do you have your passport yet?
Post a Comment